Rental Application & Criteria
- Every resident at least 18 years old must complete applications in full.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- If your application comes back approved with conditions, an additional half to a full month's rent deposit will be required.
- The applicant must have some form of income source, employment or verification of starting employment within a reasonable time from the start of the lease. If self-employed, you need to provide the latest tax return. If you are a full-time student and your primary source of income is from your parent or guardian they will need to co-sign your application. Their application will be processed along with yours, there is a $50 application fee, and we will run the credit check. Your co-signer must be approved in order to rent the property. They would then need to sign a co-signer agreement form.
- A credit report will be run on every tenant. No credit, damaged or poor credit will result in additional deposit.
- A current pay-stub for the last 2 weeks from your employer or documented proof of income other than employment is required and can either be faxed, scanned and emailed or dropped off at our office or to the number above. Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to two and one-half times the total annual rent will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may be bank accounts, spousal/child support, trust account, social security, unemployment, welfare, grant/loans).
- A criminal records report will be run on every applicant.
- A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any misdemeanor or gross misdemeanor involving assault, intimidation, sex related, drug related, property damage, weapons charges, criminal trespass, theft, dishonesty or prostitution within the past 5 years will be grounds for denial.
- Criminal backgrounds with Felonies resulting in bodily harm or intentional damage or destruction of property for example, "arson:" within the last 7 Years or Felonies for illegal manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance within the last seven years or any person required to register as a sex offender are all grounds for denial of an application. All other felonies within the last 5 years would be grounds for denial.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application until charges are resolved. Properties will not be held off market while awaiting resolution of pending charges.
Landlord Approved Platinum Tenant Liability Insurance
Required Property Damage Liability Insurance: NOTICE! All Tenants are required to maintain property damage liability insurance on behalf of the Landlord and Property Manager. Coverage is required in the amount of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00) for damage to both Landlord’s and third parties’ property with the provisions covering at least the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, accidental water discharge and sewer backup. Tenants are required to name R.P. Management, Inc., as an “Interested Party”.
Such a policy shall be written not contributing with, and not in excess of coverage that Landlord may carry, and must waive all rights of subrogation against Landlord and Property Manager. It is agreed that Landlord carries insurance for its protection, and that the Tenant is not a beneficiary of such insurance. Tenant shall be responsible to Landlord for all costs of repair for damages as stated in the Lease regardless of existing Landlord insurance.
Tenants may OPT OUT of purchasing this required insurance through landlord’s preferred insurance provider at any time by providing written proof of the following three items:
- Evidence of Required Insurance levels to show the Policy is in effect, when it will start & end, and who is named on the policy.
- R.P. Management, Inc., must be named as an “Additionally Interested” party to the insurance binder provided by the tenant.
- The Tenant Liability coverage has to be equal to or greater than: $100,000 in Tenant Liability Coverage to the Property.
Cost through R.P. Management, Inc: $9.00 per month plus a $3.00 per month administration fee for a total of $12.00 per month, per home. Tenants are required to carry Tenant Liability Insurance. Unless a Tenant Opts Out of this insurance by following the steps above, a policy will be automatically provided to the Tenant for $12.00 per month.
Using an Insurance Provider Outside of Property Manager Preferred Vendor: Tenant has the right to Opt Out of this requirement by providing adequate coverage as illustrated above and approved by R.P. Management, Inc prior to lease execution.
Failure to Maintain Insurance: If the tenant’s coverage for their independently self-procured tenant liability insurance is lapsed by either non-payment or non-renewal after lease execution, R.P. Management, Inc will place that tenant under this program by default for $12.00 per month plus a one-time $75.00 set-up fee.
Disclosure of Relationship: R.P. Management, Inc is affiliated with the National Property Management Network (NPMN) which is a nationwide affiliation of residential property managers. The Platinum Tenant Liability Insurance program is provided by Beecher Carlson Insurance Company through the National Property Management Network (NPMN) where Broker has ownership interests and is compensated through a controlled business arrangement with NPMN from Beecher Insurance.
In the Event of a Claim: Start a claim by going to this site: http://tenantllclaim.com or call 1.844.277.6640. Coverage Notice: By electing the Tenant Liability Insurance through Landlord’s preferred provider via the automatic program set forth above, Tenant will not be listed as a named insured under the Landlord’s policy. The Tenant Liability Insurance policy is not designed to replace a Renter’s Personal Insurance Policy. No coverage is provided to insure tenant contents with this policy.
- We allow only two occupants per bedroom and up to five non-related occupants; however, only 1 Adult applicant per bedroom count. Some city zoning may stipulate less numbers.
- We do not allow certain types of dogs that may have violent tendencies if mixed with other dogs. Examples of dogs not allowed are Pit Bulls, Rottweillers, Dobermans, German Shepherds, Presa Canarios, Huskies, Chows or mixed breed with any of the above. Owners reserve the right to deny any dog, so speak with the leasing agent prior to making application. All pets are subject to pet rent. There is a limit to the number of pets in one household. We have a pet rent of $25 month per dog and $25 month per cat.
- Please use the premises only as a private residence, it is not to be used in any way that is illegal or dangerous or which would cause a cancellation, restriction, or increase in management insurance premium. Working from your home is allowed, however, we ask that you do not use it as your primary work place. For example, we do not allow home daycare businesses.
- Any unlawful detainers may be grounds for denial.
- Proof of Identity (Government issued photo ID), Proof of Income/Employment (2 most recent Pay Stubs/ 2yrs tax returns/ 3mos Bank Statements/Employer’s info/housing voucher), Proof of Residence History (current and past Rental History and Landlord’s info), Pet Photo (ideally with the applicant).
This letter also serves as the Megan's Law notification. Most states have established mechanisms for the community to access specific information about registered sex offenders. This information may be available via the Internet, a visit to a local law enforcement agency, or by an actual notification to your home or public school. Contact www.meganslaw.com for assistance in accessing information in your community. In addition, you can go to the nationwide registry area of our state and select your state to access the link to your state's Internet registry.
R P Management, Inc., does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, disability, source of income or any other federal, state of local laws regarding fair housing.