Treating Your Tenants Like Gold
Tenants are our customers who give our owners on average $16,000 worth of business Annually. They are the key to a successful rental property so you need to understand how keep them renting from you. This is done by following these key factors.
- Exceeding expectations is important but it’s even more important to consistently meet expectations. This is where consistent systems and processes come into play. Anyone can say they are a professional management company, but unless they have consistently applied systems, they will not wow their tenants.
- Almost 80% of tenants find their next rental on-line. 18% never receive a response and 43% respond too late. We have live answering 24/7.
- The Lease signing process needs to be convenient and clear. Tenants don’t want to have to take the time to come into the office to sign their lease. Our lease signing is digital and can be done at their convenience. We even have an on-line lease orientation which goes over the terms and conditions of the lease. Then we follow up with any questions they may have. It’s no wonder why we get more 5 star reviews from our tenants than any other management company.
- Moving is a stressful experience; the last thing your tenants wants to find when moving into your property is that something is not working, it's not clean and expectations are not met. Tenant retention starts at move-in. That's why we conduct a 29 point check to help make sure things are as expected. Then we follow up after your tenant moves in just to make sure all is well.
- Doing the unexpected also means a lot. We send our tenant a move-in dinner gift certificate from you as a way of saying thank you for selecting your property as their next home.
- We have found that tenants evaluated their rental experience largely based on how maintenance is handled. It can be the deciding factor as to whether or not they renew. Consequently, we set maintenance expectations by communicating categories of maintenance. You can get details of this in our eBook also on our website.
- Ongoing communications is important in the longevity of your tenant staying in your property. It is done by responding promptly to inquiries, surveying your tenant after every maintenance request so they know we care. It also helps to take a proactive approach with communications such as a system for calling just to see how everything is going.
As we tell prospective tenants, pick your management company before you pick your rental property as the difference is in the Management.